How to turn the tide on negative energy while “flattening the curve”
Why not achieve some extraordinary milestones towards our goals while we manage COVID, we all desire some time off the everyday grind. The following ideas are high on my values, feel free to use them if they suit you or come up with your list, make sure they are of high importance to you and your family.
What can we do to keep positive?
- Read that book you have put aside.
- A how-to book
- The latest novel
- Business book like The E-myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Write that book you have always wanted to put together.
- Learn to meditate.
- Vipassana meditation is learnt through an initial 10-day silent mediation, which calms the mind and brings peace to the body. As you meditate you notice the body’s sensations like pain change, the more you meditate the more you progress and the sensations of discomfort shift in your perception.
- Spice up your cooking with some new recipes.
- Chicken soup has a power anti-inflammatory effect against colds and flu. It has long a history as a remedy for symptom relief for upper respiratory tract infections typically colds and flu. Scientific research confirms that chicken soup has a mild anti-inflammatory effect which is thought to provide symptomatic relief in these upper respiratory tract infections. medical journal ref. Studies show that chicken soup contains properties that can help break down congestion. Click here to see the recipe.
- Ganoderma lucidum, common name reishi mushroom is hard when dried. It boosts the immune system in viral and bacterial infections. So to make a tea, you need to either use an infusion or a decoction method. A decoction is used to extract active ingredients out of hard substances like died mushrooms. The heat forces the plant material to release the active ingredients. In this case, immune modulation substances that are anti-viral, antibacterial, expectorant, and it anti-allergic. Click here to see the recipe.
- Do that online course.
- Clean out that cupboard you have been meaning to get to.
- Watch that list of Netflix movies you want to catch up on.
- Make some masks with your sewing machine. There are plenty of patterns online, not as good as the N95 mask but better than nothing. ref 1.
- Plant some vegetable seeds in a pot or garden.
- Lose that weight, and in 3 months you be ready for spring. One of my patients pointed out that now is the most opportunistic time to lose weight, and besides that, you don’t have any:
- Distractions from other events.
- Friends bringing over food and drinks.
- Parties to go to.
- Weddings to overeat at.
- Cruises to overindulge on.
Weight loss that you can do at home
Our signature program “The Groves Lifestyle Diet” it more than just a diet:
- It resets your metabolism
- Balances your hormones
- Address the factors that made you put on the weight in the first place.
- It has a lifestyle phase that teachers you how to keep the weight off for life and still eat the things you love.
- It is a modified ketogenic diet explicitly designed for effective weight loss.
- According to a recent study, ketogenic diets support the fight against influenza infections in laboratory tests by increasing killer T cells responses against the flu virus. ref 2
- Furthermore, you don’t have to do extensive workouts out to get results.
We Are OPEN
We are open for phone and Zoom consultations during the COVID-19 crisis Offering 6 days a week.
Monday – Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please phone or text to request an appointment and or supplements. We will do our best to get supplements to you for as long as the postal services are working. If your friends or loved ones would also like some supportive care please pass on our details to them. I wish you and your loved ones all the best for the coming weeks and months.
As a community service, I have made myself available every Monday from 9:00 am – 9:30 am (AEST) to take calls if there are any aspects of your health, diet or supplements that you would like to discuss.
Or you may prefer to arrange a FREE No-Obligation meeting valued at $85 click here to book
In health and wisdom
Phone: +61 409 278 320
Clinical Naturopathic Practitioner
Founder of “Groves Naturopathics” and “The Groves Lifestyle Diet”
Adv. Dip. H. Sc. Nat, Dip. H. Sc. H.M., Dip. H. Sc. Nut.
Advance Diploma of Naturopathy, Diploma of Nutrition, Diploma of Herbal Medicine.
Special interests in Weight loss, digestive issues, stress-anxiety, immune support.
Links / References :
- How to Sew a Fitted Fabric Face Mask for Beginners: Extended Edition with Step-By-Step Instructions: youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qO6cewIo4
- Ketogenic diet activates protective T cell responses against influenza virus infection. 2019 Nov 15;4(41). Goldberg EL, Molony RD, Kudo E, Sidorov S, Kong Y, Dixit VD, Iwasaki A. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31732517