Healthy Christmas Dinner Guilt-free Recipes 😋
Get Christmas dinner sorted in no time! Celebrate yummy festive food with family and friends. Here are some healthy guilt-free recipes we have designed as low carb so you can enjoy every mouthful, especially if you have a weight loss goal or want to support your general health.
- Roast turkey (with keto stuffing) and roast vegetables (carrots, sweet potato, beetroot and capsicum)
- Christmas pudding (low carb)
- Pavlova with raspberries and cream (low carb).
Roast Turkey Dinner
2 cups chopped celery sticks 1 chopped brown onion
1 garlic clove finely chopped 2 cups diced mushrooms
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried sage
2 grinds of black pepper
Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Stuff the turkey with the mixture
Close up the bird.
1 garlic clove finely chopped 1 lemon rin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 grinds of black pepper
1 tbsp of olive oil
- Place turkey in a baking dish.
- Over the turkey sprinkle garlic, lemon rind, chilli flakes, pepper, herbs and drizzle the olive oil
- Add one cup water to the baking dish
- Cover with foil and place in the oven. Cooking times for the turkey follow the instruction on the pack. Typically turkey takes up to 4 hours.
- Prepare the vegetables for roasting. Add the roast vegetables in 1 hour before the end of the turkeys cooking time. Once the turkey is cooked, remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes to brown.
- Fresh garden salad with toasted almond flakes and fresh lemon juice dressing
- Steamed green beans served with garlic and olive oil
Christmas Pudding (low carb)
150 gm almond flour
1 Orange zest
60 gm blueberries frozen
60 gm raspberries frozen
60 gm slivered sliced almonds
30 gm chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons xylitol or a natural no/low carb sweetener 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
1 teaspoon allspice powder
1/4 tsp of clove powder
- On stovetop place large pot, with a rack or spacer to lift the glass pyrex bowl off the bottom of the pot. Then place the pyrex bowl in the pot and fill water up to halfway up the side of the bowl. Remove the pyrex bowl and slowly bring the water to the boil.
- Add the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend in mixer for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, olive oil, vanilla and berries, mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix all together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Greased the pyrex bowl with olive oil and then pour the pudding mixture into a bowl.
- Place baking paper on top and tie with string and then put aluminium foil shiny side up, tie a string around to seal it.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and carefully place the pyrex bowl with protective gloves into the water. The water should be halfway up the side of the pudding bowl, if not add water. Gently bring to the boil and cook for 1.5 – 2 hours. Check regularly to maintain the water level.
- Once cooked carefully remove from pot with oven gloves (very hot) place upside down on cake rack. The pudding will naturally fall out in 1-5 minutes as the glass cools.
- Leave to cool 5 minutes and serve with chocolate ganache.
Chocolate ganache Ingredients:
300 ml Whipped cream 300 ml 15 gm Cocoa powder
1. Add cream into a bowl
2. Beat with an electric beater
3. Add cocoa powder to cream and mix through.
Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream (low carb)
4 egg whites
1/3 cup of Natvia (natural sweetener, available at most supermarkets) 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Separate the egg whites, carefully place in a bowl, save the yolks in a separate bowl for breakfast the next day.
- Add the 1/3 cup of natural sweetener to a dry blender. Blend until fine powder, takes 15-30 seconds. Add natural sweetener to the egg whites.
- Beat the mixture with an electric hand mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Add vinegar and vanilla essence into a cup and mix, then add to the egg whites. Mix on a slow speed for 30 seconds.
- Place some greaseproof baking paper onto a baking tray and mound the mixture up in a circle roughly the size of a bread-and-butter plate.
- Place the Pavlova in oven, close the door and turn the heat down to 100°C fan-forced. Cook for one hour, set a timer.
- Turn heat off when the timer goes off and LEAVE the oven the door closed until the Pavlova has cooled down to room temperature. This will prevent it from cracking.
Fresh cream topping Ingredients:
300 ml thicken whipped cream
50 grams of fresh raspberries
- Add cream into a bowl
- Beat with an electric mixer until thick
- Spread over the Pavlova and place raspberries on top
- Serve and enjoy with friends and family
We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do.
From our family to yours have a wondering Christmas and Happy New Year
Love and best wishes
Brendon and Nadine 🎄 🎁 🥳